We recently awarded six community grants to organizations working for infant and maternal health throughout Oregon and SW Washington.
The Greater Oregon Chapter community grants program is designed to invest in priority projects that further the March of Dimes mission, support national campaign objectives, and further our strategic goal of reducing disparities in birth outcomes.
Selected by a committee from 27 Letters of Interest, this year’s grants were awarded to:
- Multnomah County Health Department-HBI, Portland - $15,000 for continuation grant funding to help support a maternal mental health program for pregnant and parenting clients in the Healthy Birth Initiative Program.
- Clark County Public Health, Vancouver, WA – $15,000 for continuation grant funding for support of the Pregnancy Partners Program to increase participation in state and local maternal and child health offerings.
- Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center, Cornelius – $19,500 for implementation of the Centering Pregnancy Model of group prenatal care through the Centering HealthCare Institute.
- Women’s Healthcare Associates, Beaverton – $15,000 to implement the Centering Pregnancy Model of group prenatal care through the Centering HealthCare Institute.
- Mercy Medical Foundation, Roseburg – $10,000 for Mercy Medical Center’s Family Birth Place to implement the Diabetes and Pregnancy Program model of care called Sweet Success.
- Umatilla-Morrow Head Start, Inc., Hermiston – $500 to implement the Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions program for pregnant women.
March of Dimes Greater Oregon Chapter awards community grants each year. A request for proposals for the 2013 grants will go out later this fall.