This years’ Signature Chefs Auction was deliciously delightful! Approximately 200 people wined and dined and supported the March of Dimes mission with their dollars on October 7th at the Hilton Portland & Exceutive Tower.
Chef’s Chair Michael Conklin helped assemble a stellar cast of artisan chefs including:
- Marissa Burback, Porto Terra
- Matt Christianson, Urban Farmer at the Nines
- Michael Conklin, Lucy’s Table
- Crystal Corbin, The Stephanie Inn
- Mark Henry, Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
- Scott Neuman, Oba!
- Shawn Smith, Portland Spirit
All the food was absolutely fabulous. All of it. Two items in particular had people talking:
- The Portland Spirit’s dish. Braised short ribs over a bed of risotto style barley served with merchand de vin sauce nd roasted chanterelles with an heirloom tomato salas with smoked blue and micro greens. A truly wonderful blend of flavors and textures if ever there was one. Three words: duh – lish – ous!
- Dessert from The Stephanie Inn. Cappuccino mousse in chocolate cups. Words like heavenly and divine are inadequate descriptors for the mind-altering experience one has while eating this decadent confection.
In addition to the to-die-for food, the evening was enlivened by the music of Rhythm Dogs. Toes were tapping, hips were shaking.
The true show stopper was Bree Hughes and her lovely daughter, Haley. Bree spoke on behalf of the March of Dimes mission, sharing her story eloquently and poignently. I don’t believe there was a dry eye in the room.