2014 Nurse of the Year Winners
Eighteen exceptional nurses from across Oregon and SW Washington were recognized Friday, October, 24th, at the fourth annual March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards, presented by Moda Health and Oregon Health & Science University. With 430 nurses nominated, the state-wide committee selected the 18 winners in a blinded process.
While the immense value and profound effect that all nurses have on our lives was noted and celebrated, these 18 nurses were acknowledged for their constant care, compassion and dedication to improve the quality of others’ lives through service.
Nurse of the Year 2014 Winners
- Adult Acute Care: Yirong “Ron” Wang of Kaiser Westside Medical Center from Portland
- Advance Practice: Carla Brim of PeaceHealth System Office (Vancouver) from Vancouver, WA
- Ambulatory Care/Clinic Care: Mardee Stirling of Adventist Health from Battle Ground, WA
- Case Management, Occupational Health & Utilization Review: Carolyn Williams of City of Portland from Portland
- Community Health: Sara Mosher of St. Charles Medical Center from Bend
- Critical Care (Adult/Pediatric/Neonatal): Megan Tinling of Oregon Health & Science University from King City
- Emergency: Rhonda Fischer of Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital from Parkdale
- Hospice, Home Health, Long Term Care, Rehab and Palliative Care: Sandra Dykes of Portland Adventist Medical Center from Battleground, WA
- Nurse Educator: Amy Corcoran of Oregon Health & Science University from Sherwood
- Nurse Leader: Lora Horn of Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel from Portland
- Nurse Specialty: Sarah McQuade of Mid-Columbia Medical Center from Parkdale
- Pediatric Acute Care: Theresa Wikander of Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel from Portland
- Rising Star: Kiyah Williams of PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center – RiverBend from Eugene
- Small Hospital: Lisa Halvorsen of Providence Milwaukie Hospital from Wilsonville
- Student Nurse: Samantha Owens of Kaiser Permanante Northwest from Vancouver, WA
- Surgical Services: Mai-Tuyet Tran of Oregon Health & Science University from Portland
- Women’s Health: Maribeth Roberts of Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center from Portland
- Distinguished Nurse of the Year: Deborah Eldredge of Oregon Health & Science University from Portland
Chaired by William E. Johnson, MD, MBA, President of Moda Health, this annual event also serves as a benefit for March of Dimes. With the support and involvement of 21 health organizations and medical centers, the Nurse of the Year Awards raised over $105,000 to help fund the mission of improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
Committee members include: Rod Hart, RN, COHN, FAAOHN, of Moda Health; Lisa M. Alvarado, RN, MSN, of Kaiser Permanente; Katherine J. Bradley, PhD, RN, of OHSU; Kris Cuthair, RN, BSN, MSN, of Kaiser Westside Medical Center; Shari Davis, RN, MSN, MBA, CCRN, of Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel; Trece Gurrad, RN, MSN, of Columbia Memorial Hospital; Tim Herrmann, RN, BSN, MBA, of PeaceHealth Oregon West Network; Sandy Montminy, RN, MSN, of Adventist Medical Center; Lynae Moor, RN, MPH, of Adventist Medical Center; Regina Rose, RN, MSN, of Mid-Columbia Medical Center; Marcia Soderling, RN, MPA, BSN, of Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center; and Jeanie Vieira, RN, of Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
Nurse of the Year Awards is presented by Moda Health and Oregon Health & Science University. Gold sponsors include Cambia Health Solutions and Providence Health & Services. Silver sponsors include Adventist Health, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Legacy Health and PeaceHealth. Bronze sponsors include Columbia Memorial Hospital and Life Flight Network.